May 6, 2012

You... oh wait, that means me...

Day 6 of the Photo a Day challenge being delivered by FatMumSlim.

Topic of the day:
You

...and so here is a couple of photo's of me snapped in the past week:


I've been playing with Instagram (which by the way is the primary forum on which I'm taking part in FMS's photo challenge... why not check out and follow along - there's an instagram link on my right sidebar) and exploring the different free apps available for special effects and filters... It really is quite amazing what can be done these days with a photo and how a bad pic can be made better or even be promoted from the trash-can delete button to the public worthy share option!

All fun, time eaters and distractions from real life I'm sure...

Anyhoo... I'm beginning to worry that I'm transitioning from being a quite private, veritable self-portrait and photo recluse to an out and out, in your face, every post will have a highly edited, moody, (and um... er... try-hardish) self portrait... 

I hereby promise and declare I will not continue to assault your eyes with an overload of self portraits in every post and I will instead try to focus on prepping and putting together a 'knock-your-socks-off-awesome' refashioned clothing tute!

Oooh and just because if it's possible to fall just a little in love with a piece of cookware... 
check out this gorgeous retro, cranberry Corning Visions double boiler... I believe the base saucepan is not the original to the double boiler insert - I may be mistaken - because the saucepan is a teflon coated non-stick one that I think was sold separately and the double boiler base only had small handles... but hey, this was my garage sale find of the weekend...



Can you believe it was only $5? I love the cranberry. I love that it's glass. I don't know if I can bring myself to use it or if it will merely join my slowly growing retro kitchen display collection (actually, compliments of google I've just read of the possible - though low - risk of glass stoveware exploding or shattering and I think that this is a sign that this pretty pot deserves to be on display only). 
Either way, this  purple, cranberry pot set makes me smile!


0 Click to COMMENT... I ♥LOVE♥ hearing from you!:

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment... I just love reader feedback - and I also love replying via email...but you need to have a visible email in your account settings for me to do this, otherwise just know that I do read your comments and do appreciate them... Be sure to drop by again soon - I love the company ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...