Rest assured though I am a REAL person and just to give you a little more about me here are ten random facts about me and my life thus far:
- Prior to becoming a SAHM in May 2010 I spent just a little under the last 10 years working as a Police Officer and Police Prosecutor working both on the street as first response and in the court system (trust me a far far cry from the crafty escapades – I love that word, escapades… shenanigans too – and family adventures I document here.
- I met my husband in the police academy as we were assigned the same squads 10 years ago and have been married for almost 7 years.
- I am a thirty something mum to two wonderful girls – Big Little Miss M who is 3 and Little Little Miss M who is 1.
- I am also a fully qualified (but non-practicing) beauty therapist and make-up artist (from my life prior to policing).
- I love, love, LOVE sewing and although my mother used to sew clothes for us as children and I picked up a basic knowledge of sewing from her, most of what I have learnt has been self taught.
- I love op-shopping (thrift and second hand shopping). Growing up I used to be embarrassed to shop there with my mum, but for many years now I have loved the bargains (and that little natural high a find creates)that can be found for a fraction of the price and it the local op shop is fast becoming my daughters favourite shop.
- I love a bargain and will always ask, “Is this your best price?”
- I love cooking and baking and the flow on from this is that I love eating.
- I have Filipino heritage – my mother was born and raised in Cebu, Philippines.
- I grew up in a small country town which I couldn't wait to leave for city life but now with children of my own my family and I are back living in a small country town… and loving it!
Okay, so now you all know me a little better and I hope you’ll get more of a feel for who I am and that you all enjoy this blog of mine enough to stop by often, say hello and spend some time seeing what I’ve been up to!