Dec 4, 2010

Yesterday’s $2 Pillowcase Refashion, a somersault & a thrift shop bargain...

Well, today has been a warm steamy kind of day… we’ve had lots of rain over the last few days and its meant to hang around for the next seven days or so but today the sun was out and its been a beautiful day.

Here’s a few pictures of yesterdays pillowcase to dress refashion:

DSC07567

 My Little little Miss M loves posing for the camera…

DSC07564

… for limited amounts of time only…

DSC07562


… especially since somersaults are so much more fun!!!!

DSC07556

A fantastic tutorial for the easy to make and beautiful silky/organza flowers like the one I have attached to the pictured headband can be found at reesedixon.com in the tutorial section, they are great for embellishing almost anything & everything!

Oh, and wouldn’t you know it my Big Little Miss M then wanted to know where her new dress was … (what you do for one, you must do for the other I guess). I told her I’d make her one tonight but alas, it was not good enough so in the sake of fairness (and thanks to luck that even though 23 months separate them my Big Little Miss M is a real skinny minnie) we had to take photo’s of her in the very same dress… oh… and headband…

The dress on her was a little short…

DSC07572 DSC07574

… but she too loves to be a bit of a poser!!!

I had a great find at the local thrift shop (along with picking up a couple more skirts to refashion) I found these fantastic sewing magazines this morning:

DSC07544

Four “Top kids” sewing magazines with the pattern pieces all attached and untouched, and a kids party book… all for the grand total of $2.50…. Happy days Smile

Here’s a little peek in its covers…

DSC07549
      DSC07548

although the magazines are a little out-dated there really are some very usable, cute and/or easily updated patterns in them!

Well, even though I said I’d sew a dress tonight I really need to get going on this ‘Dex Hamilton’ costume otherwise it’s never going to get done in time…

1 comment:

Hi and thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment... I just love reader feedback - and I also love replying via email...but you need to have a visible email in your account settings for me to do this, otherwise just know that I do read your comments and do appreciate them... Be sure to drop by again soon - I love the company ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...