Jun 14, 2012

Party Planning is in overdrive...

It's late here but we've hit party planning overdrive and my mind just wont shut off much before incy wincy hours of the night... Party ideas, inspirations, colour schemes, invites, RSVP's, candy buffets, loot bags, music, age appropriate party games, decorations, the food... THE CAKE!

I love it but it all doesn't ever happen without a certain measure of stress... and a glass or two or three of a hearty big red wine.

Big Little Miss M, my perpetual dreamer and gentle, emotional soul is unicorn crazy and a lover of rainbows... so her fifth birthday is to be all about magical unicorns and dancing amongst rainbows.

There is so much inspiration to be had all over blogland... Here's some ideas that have tweaked my interest:

How amazing is this cake? I am in awe...

Heather Sherman of Art2Eat created it for her little girls seventh birthday. 
I love the colours and presentation of this rainbow jelly...

SOURCE: Glorious Treats

These unicorn horn - am I the only juvenile minded, sadly deprived SAHM who cringes just a little at the term 'unicorn horn'??? Can I call the party game 'Pin the horn on the unicorn' without visibly twitching? Anyhow, moving on... unicorn party hats...

SOURCE: LaLa Faux Bois

Want to see a rather 'mud-map' like sketch I've scrawled for my girls cake'n'candy table? No... we'll I'll show you anyhow...



Yeah... It's pretty clear in the confines of my minds eye but whether or not it eventually turns out even remotely like I envisage is yet to be seen. Oh and if you're absolutely amazed by my super fine wizardry with the pen (sarc obv) then why not search me out on Drawsomething (the SpaNGler) and fulfil a crazy need I have to waste away time drawing with my index finger when I really should be doing more productive things like sorting this party! Be forewarned though - I am definitely no modern day Picasso!

I ordered and received this nifty lamb cake pan, which by the power of Google I'm led to believe I can transform in to a unicorn... again, yet to be seen - the 'prototype' is in the oven as I type!

Here's a couple of progress shots (but can I tell you from the first oven check that my unicorn is looking somewhat flat and lacking in body shape... hmmm not a good start.

The tin...


The rainbow cake batter (too lazy to zebra or swirl all fancy - just good old fashioned marble cake)


Oh, and amidst all the party planning there was a playground fort to be built in the back yard that has sat garaged in its box for too many months. Why... well check out a small portion of the building instructions...


It seriously took the better part of a whole day (or two) to just number and identify the hundreds of wooden pieces, bolts, nuts, etc etc. It was headache worthy and I'm sure that some factories must deliberately have everything just off square or measured just a little too long or short (which ever the most inconvenient may be) and also there's some sneaky factory line worker who's sneaking just one unthreaded bolt sleeve into every box just for factory floor S&G's whilst also randomly drilling a pilot hole off centre by an inch or so. I wont lie - this playground was an absolute dogs mother to put together (and no, it's not finished yet... almost - I can see the light at the end of the tunnel). To get a peek why not check out my Instagram feed - say hi while you're there and I'll pop by and check out your pics too if that's cool!

Well its really, REALLY late so I need to go catch some Zzzz's before the kiddo's are up in a few hours...
Hopefully didn't bore you too much with the mundane or frustrate you with my muddled thoughts!

Say hi... I don't bite and I'd love to check out your blog to :)

XO

0 Click to COMMENT... I ♥LOVE♥ hearing from you!:

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment... I just love reader feedback - and I also love replying via email...but you need to have a visible email in your account settings for me to do this, otherwise just know that I do read your comments and do appreciate them... Be sure to drop by again soon - I love the company ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...