Mar 1, 2012

A Random Rambling...

Tonight the hubs and I had a night out together - just us, no kids in sight. Just for fun and for a laugh I kept referring to it all day as "date night"... each time I did it earnt an exaggerated eye roll from the husband which just made me laugh more and resolve to keep on referring to it more often as such at random points in the day.

Seriously, I love my two little girls beyond any words could quantify (and who before my eyes are growing up WAY. TOO. FAST) but it is nice to enjoy those rare and quiet times where it feels like we are a couple again rather than two people muddling through this thing called adulthood, responsibility and attempts at raising well rounded and balanced children.

Now don't get too excited for me... our "date night" was the simple bliss of a new release movie watched at the local cinema -  but oh how I'm sure all you parents will know how these simple, little things, taken for granted without their worth realised pre-children can take on immense currency once they are an almost forgotten memory lost amongst the laundry, nappies, laughter, tears, needs and wants of the little people who steal your heart and warm your soul...



Anyway, just a random funny (well I thought so anyhow)... Hubby and I have such different movie viewing styles - if there is such a thing. I'm one of those annoying cinema whisperers... a speculative and always guessing movie viewer... and I just feel like I'm busting if I can't tell someone as the thought, speculation or guess comes to mind. The hubby on the other hand relishes total movie viewing silence... a film totally devoid of viewer conversation... total and solitary absorption. He even threatens (jokingly so) to sit at the opposite end of the seating row from me... 

All this brought about a rather light, semi joking, homeward bound car conversation... The hubby is just not a talker, not big on conversation... I'm the opposite. We laughed at how when you watch the news and they have the feel good segment with the couple celebrating their silver or golden wedding anniversary that the interviewer will always ask for the secret to a long marraige and the answer is often something like  'communication'... we laughed at what our tip would be and we settled on 'tolerance'... He tolerates my incessant natter and talking (with many a shush) and my constant sentences beginning with, "I've been thinking..." and I tolerate his shushes, his annoying habits - like cinema silence, compulsive tv channel flicking,   and need to nap at any given chance (you know, the big stuff... LOL) 

Yep, I often think we are an odd couple... but it works... sometimes it's hard work... other times its not... some days we can make each other laugh till it hurts... and others we can infuriate each other to eye-popping extremes (well... maybe not that bad... hmmm... maybe?).

We had a nice night, I feel happy... 

I have a wonderful partner in my husband and we've been blessed with two gorgeous and precious little girls... I am grateful and I just wanted to share it!

Little Little Miss M and Daddy... I LOVE this photo... It makes my heart smile :)
xo

0 Click to COMMENT... I ♥LOVE♥ hearing from you!:

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment... I just love reader feedback - and I also love replying via email...but you need to have a visible email in your account settings for me to do this, otherwise just know that I do read your comments and do appreciate them... Be sure to drop by again soon - I love the company ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...