Aug 23, 2011

Thrift Shop Love...

We all love a bargain don't we? And some of us love thrift shopping - where bargains can definitely be found a plenty (Here in Australia thrift shops are more commonly called Op Shops ie. opportunity shops)!

Here's a few of my latest thrifty 'opportune' finds:

I love retro, so imagine my joy when I stumbled across this gorgeous fully operational (and electrically tested) retro Sunbeam Mix Master... 


It came with both milk bowls and the regular beater attachments! LOVE! So how much would you pay for this?


$10????


NO! Not $10 but only $8. That's right... only $8. I think I got an absolute bargain. It has a few signs of wear but considering its probably around 40 years old it's in really good nick! Besides, $8!!!! 

I also really love retro patterns and picked up three super cute childrens patterns from the late 60's and 70's that really will still look cute and fashionable in comparison to modern girls dress fashions.

Here they are:






They are all complete too - with one even being uncut!

Now, I had to have a chuckle when I had a closer look at the patterns in the store because on the pocket sleeve one clearly stated this: 


NOT SUITABLE FOR CHUBBY GIRLS

And another had this: 


SUITABLE FOR CHUBBIES

I really don't think you would find this on any pattern out there these days! It made me chuckle... and feel a little sorry for any 'chubbies' back in the day.

But there you go... back in the 60's and 70's it apparently was okay to be what now I think might be considered a little in your face! ☺

Happy Days and I hope to have you back soon... leave a comment, let me know what you think of my finds or just say hello - I love receiving and reading your comments!

Cheers ☺



5 comments:

  1. I love the vintage patterns, I've never seen them in any of the thrift shops around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are cute aren't they? I love finding vintage patterns... they seem to pop up in the thrift shops around here from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got given a bunch of vintage patterns for girls not long ago and now I feel ripped off that I didnt get any for "chubbies" Heee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! I am now on the look out for more... am actually wondering if there was a whole "chubbies" line! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this post. It Very nice Blog. It was a very good Blog. I like it. Thanks for sharing knowledge. Ask you to share good Blog again.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment... I just love reader feedback - and I also love replying via email...but you need to have a visible email in your account settings for me to do this, otherwise just know that I do read your comments and do appreciate them... Be sure to drop by again soon - I love the company ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...