Mar 12, 2013

Wow... where have the months gone?

Just before my darling eldest started her school journey this year my mother innocently said in conversation  that once your children start school the time just flies and before you know it they are adults....

My response???

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I think there is a bit of a grieving process that happens with each new stage that our children reach, experience and pass.

Some people thought I was nuts when I was somewhat saddened by both the weaning off breast feeding and then later the toilet training of my youngest.
Yes, I was happy that she was learning and growing but it was mixed with a sadness and a realisation that I may never be breastfeeding or changing the nappies of a little bubba that was my own again. I was saying goodbye (reluctantly) to a stage of my life too that I may not experience again.

*Sigh*  yes, the ability to stop time would be much loved. Everyone says they grow up too quick, it's nothing new... but I sure am hoping to pack as much happiness and 'slow' moments into the whirlwind that is their childhood!

Well, that's where my head is at this morning and here's a peek at the fabulous family weekend we've just had...

Can someone say MOOMBA? I loved watching the parade as a child on tv but never experienced it in person. This year and last year we have made Moomba part of our family traditions.


We had found a spot right against the barriers for the kiddies to enjoy the wonderful parade - albeit on the sunny side of the road (I think I lost kilos melting in the heat!). The girls loved all the floats and especially all the marching bands.


The hubs was kept happy as Moomba weekend also falls on the opening game weekend for NRL... So that meant we all got to enjoy a game on the Sunday - My girls love it for the cheerleaders and the fanfare at the scoring of try's. 

Big Little Miss M was super excited to get a photo with one of the cheer girls after the game (She spent most of the game gaining their attention and waving at them - we were seated right near them on the sidelines)!


The Moomba festival also meant a few rides and a wander through the sideshow alley. 

Seriously!!! My little miss is SUCH. A. POSER!!!

The ferris wheel was once again a big hit!


As were the Alice in Wonderland teacups...


We sat on the banks of the Yarra Sunday evening and listened to the girls 'wowing' over the brilliant fireworks show (and their super unhealthy but much enjoyed Korean Potato Spirals - who knew they were of Korean origin???). A large tree branch obstructed the view of the fireworks a little but the girls didn't even notice and space on the banks was at a premium!


The girls also had awesome fun 'flying' way up on the bungee trampoline! I tell you, it was nearly melt-down stations after we'd purchased tickets then waited for close to 45mins in the sweltering heat to get to the front of the line when the little miss declared she'd changed her mind and didn't want to have a bounce anymore (can't say I blamed her after waiting that long I kinda wanted to pull the pin after 20mins... but there's a reason they work the line and pre-sell the tickets as soon as you queue up... after parting with $30 for the tickets for a 4 minute bounce I wasn't going anywhere but suffering that slow moving queue!). At the last minute the little miss changed her mind once again and decided it did look like fun after all... they both had a ball! All four minutes worth!



Such a good weekend... I'm thrilled the girls love Moomba, the hubs is pleased it coincides with the NRL Storm homegame and I'm already looking forward to next year!!!

Sewing... what sewing??? I'm struggling to find the time just at the minute but soon lovelies, soon!!!

xoxoxo

2 comments:

Hi and thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment... I just love reader feedback - and I also love replying via email...but you need to have a visible email in your account settings for me to do this, otherwise just know that I do read your comments and do appreciate them... Be sure to drop by again soon - I love the company ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...