Jan 29, 2011

Amongst the Brambles...



The girls and I have had a busy couple of days... we travelled into the city to visit my brother and we had a gorgeous day yesterday, filled with berry picking, a stroll through the beach sand sculptures, a visit to the park amongst other things and just an all round lovely day....

We picked bramble berries (unfortunately the blueberry, raspberry and strawberry crops were all not ripe or had been damaged by the huge amount of rain we've had this season) at a nearby berry farm.

The girls loved it and it really was such a nice day to share with them... A $5.50 'gobbler's pass' was so worth the hour or so we spent wandering the vines...

Before we left (and the girls were nice and clean)...



And at the bramble farm....




Look at our hands...

Big Little Miss M:



Little Little Miss M got right in amongst it (check out the hands, face and dress front!):



Such a fun morning:




Check out the face on Big Little Miss M... she's not happy with Little Little Miss M taking handfuls of her precious berries.... but I guess the karma fairies got a little bit back if Little Little Miss M's expression is anything to go by!

So, berry picking done it was time for a picnic lunch in the park, a quick nap for the girls and then down to the beach to see the sand sculptures on display (Little Little Miss M looked as if she'd been dye bombed with berry juice so she had to have a dress change before we headed out for the afternoon)...






 The girls really weren't interested in sitting down for photo's, so here are a few of the sculptures... I love the pictures captured the blueness of the sky...



I didn't even notice the seagull in this next photo till just now....







And as luck (for the girls) would have it, there was a near deserted amusement park set up only a short stroll from the sculptures...

I even got in on the action on this super big slide... Little Little Miss M absolutely loved it... Big Little Miss M was a little conflicted by it - loves slides but it was a little scary (and secretly I'm with her!).


So, all in all it really was a great day... the girls were just more than a little bit spoilt but its not an every day thing and I can still hear their laughter and squeals of delight from throughout the day...

Oh and did you notice the Big Little Miss M's dress... (yep, its the refashioned pleat skirt... she love loves the twirly-ness).

Stay tuned and come by tomorrow for my first giveaway - I know, I know, I've been mentioning this for a couple of weeks but I cannot believe where this year has gone - ALREADY! But I'm committing to a follower freebie giveaway and tomorrow you can read all about it.... Till then....

Cheers




3 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing place and sounds like a fun day.

    I LOVE how that refashioned dress looks on your daughter...just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day you all had. I love the sculptures in the sand. Really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. incredible sculptures, and cute photos of the girls

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment... I just love reader feedback - and I also love replying via email...but you need to have a visible email in your account settings for me to do this, otherwise just know that I do read your comments and do appreciate them... Be sure to drop by again soon - I love the company ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...