Dec 18, 2012

Silly Season Update featuring our Elf on the Shelf: ELFIE!!!

Okay... 
so life can get a little crazy around this time of year.

It doesn't lessen one bit my love for it though - the magic and joy of children at this time, the Christmas carols playing at home, the sparkle of my girls eyes as the watch in awe of the Christmas lights.

And of course there's Elfie! 
My girls are MASSIVE believers and they ADORE Elfie and his antics.

Here's a quick photo montage to bring you up to date (I'm such a slacker at keeping you posted!):

DAY 6:
The art of the Elf

Elfie found the toothpaste tube and thought it was the perfect way to remind the girls to be good (whilst still getting to release a little elf mischief at the same time). 

Oh and yes, why thank-you! I do have the most lovely retro grey-green, black and salmon pink vinyl tiles... urgh! I do love retro but just not my bathrooms style of retro! It matches the lovely pink hand basin and bathtub... my bathroom screams renovation - but it needs to get in line and take a ticket! Hopefully our kitchen will be getting a facelift in the next month or so... then, maybe then we'll start the bathroom!

DAY 7:
Just Hanging About

Elfie was taking it easy today... just sitting about in the Christmas tree with a couple of new jingle jangle baubles.

DAY 8:
Sleep Over with Elfie

We were in the city visiting my brother and his daughters and Elfie of course was along for the ride. The girls awoke to find he'd been digging into the Christmas candy and thought the perfect way to introduce himself to the cousins was to spell out his name.

We all had a great day with my brother and his two girls... park picnic for lunch,



 feeding ducks, on the swings and slides and then off to the berry farm to pick some berries...


How gorgeous is this entrance to the wonderful family run bramble farm?



So after an afternoon of berry picking the girls and I set off on the 4+ hour drive home and with a bucket full of berries Elfie got busy that night!

DAY 9:
A berry berry nice pie

1/2 way there


How pleased does Elfie look with himself?

And out of the oven...


Then presented to the girls... oooh, that Elfie knows how to impress!


And so we are almost (okay maybe not really) caught up... but it's super late and I need to be catching some Zzzzz's so I'll continue with the catch up REALLY soon...
If you are ultra keen to catch up on Elfie you can always head to my facebook page: 

or follow along on Instagram: 
the_spangler


Take care and I hope you are staying safe, being merry and spreading joy and cheer!!!
xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Oh my lord, those hand size pies look to die for.. I haven't had a freshly baked good from a home in a long time, they are the best! Wonderful snapshots, god bless!

    -Bronx Shower Doors
    Mirror Installation Bronx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, cakes look so delicious. I like them so much!
    Click here: http://couponcodezone.com/
    to save some money when shopping!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi..i've been reading your blog for quite so long but this is the firt time i have the guts to leave some comments here..lol.anyway i really love your blog and your girls are super cute...keep posting your stiching works because you really inspired me...im from Malaysia.=)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment... I just love reader feedback - and I also love replying via email...but you need to have a visible email in your account settings for me to do this, otherwise just know that I do read your comments and do appreciate them... Be sure to drop by again soon - I love the company ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...